So we put up some insulation. You can see we used the silver heat reflective roll type, but there are several different types available. We used a staple gun to fasten it to the wooden beams. It went up quickly and easily and has made a huge difference in the moisture situation in the coop!
The birds don't seem to mind it, and this particular choice reflects the light from the fixtures making it seem brighter. It cost us under $100 to insulate this particular coop, however as far as coops go it is pretty large. 10'X20'
I'm not sure what to expect as to the temperature in the coop. The pop door is open all day long, which helps to equalize the temperature. There is still some ventilation, but I'll be keeping an eye on it and will add some if it seems there isn't enough. I can't believe the difference it has made already....no more water drips on my head. Yeay! Plus, I haven't had to change the litter since.
If you are looking for a more temporary solution, check out our post on temporary coop insulation.
(This post does contain affiliate links. If you click on the links and chose to purchase something through the link, I may be compensated a small amount by Amazon at no cost to you. This helps take the edge off my blogging costs! Myself and the entire flock thank you for any purchases made through clicking our links)